Thursday, February 24, 2011

Stained Glass Project Yeehaw!



Well, this has been quite a project!  In January I decided to take the stained glass class course here at Voyager and made a little project; the sunset previously posted on this blog.  Then I had an idea to make a sign out of stained glass.  I had seen them before but I didn't realize how challenging this could be for a beginner.  Lettering in stained glass is quite a feat!

Thanks to some very experienced and kind people here I was able to make this beautiful sign to put in front of our RV or in our window at home.  I am so thankful for Mary in particular.  She is from Michigan but has a Park Model home here.  I heard through the stained glass grape vine that she had a sign so I biked over and knocked on her door.  She helped me design this one based on a golf pattern but with her and my ideas for the rest.  Mary would be my Mum's age if she was alive and what a sweetheart.

The sign will have a wrought iron frame yet to be purchased.  I have a line on that.  Unfortunately there is a small crack in the sky and I have no idea how it happened.  I could fix it here but we are nearly out of time so I will take it home and maybe get help from "The Glass Hummingbird" store in Ripley to fix it.  Or it will wait until I get back here next year.

We plan to come back here in November and then to Florida in the spring.  We are on the verge of a huge road trip but a few things are up in the air so I will post the details soon.

2 comments:

Ken and Linda said...

Love it...beautiful!!!

Freda said...

Absolutely lovely. Well done!

About Me

My photo
Home is where you are.