Thursday, November 26, 2009

No Birdies


Gator Golf

We golfed on Monday, November 23rd, with couples from “The Valley”. (We are staying on Valley View Road in Sanlan and this whole section is referred to as The Valley) Monday golf became a weekly routine last year and we are carrying on. It is lots of fun to play different courses at amazing rates and then go out for dinner. Well, dinner usually is at a “dive” with great wings and Happy Hours like I have never seen! Last night the draft at Bedrock’s was $1.50 for 16 ounces! And it wasn’t just Bud Light!

Wedgewood Golf Course winds through a housing community and almost every hole has a pond or two. A “Beware of Alligators” sign greets you on the first tee. No big deal. On the back nine I thought I had lost my ball in a large pond but it was actually 10 ft. or more from the water and looked like a good lie. A gator, no more than 2 feet long, was nestled a few feet from the edge in water and weeds. I figured I could hit my ball easily and this baby didn’t really bother me. I am sure you have guessed what is coming next.

I whacked the gator in the head, so hard it made a sound! He took off one way and me the other! My heart was pounding and I guess it was quite a sight. I scrambled as fast as I could up the bank and could barely reload and make another shot. I had a pretty good round despite this catastrophe. No birdies, but I did get a gator!
That is NOT the gator I hit. I didn't have a camera with me. Actually the camera is in for repair! Waaaaahhhhh!

2 comments:

Ken and Linda said...

I never would have gotten even that close to a gator. You are very brave!!!

Ken and Linda said...

OMG, I never would have gotten that close to a gator. You're very brave!!!

About Me

My photo
Home is where you are.