Monday, May 26, 2008

Home for a Month, May 26/08



We have been home for a month now! I have done a few days of supply teaching but am being picky about where I go. I have no desire to teach grade 8 music or grade 8 anything for that matter. If I get a call to my old school I go there and have also gone a couple of days to Lucknow Public school where I taught years ago.



John and I have been biking a bit and golfed twice. Woodlands golf course had a blossoming tree with 2 colours of blossoms and families of geese wandering around. Blackhorse is in great shape but the wind was cold. We are starting to get the yard in shape. I got annuals today but am a little reluctant to plant since they are calling for more cold weather tomorrow and Wednesday. It has been tough getting used to the cold. This May has been the coldest I can remember for a long time. I know to expect some cold weather this time of year but it has been consistently cold, in the 40's and low 50's during the day, and even colder at night! Yikes. But today and yesterday warmed up a bit.
















No we didn't go back to Cumberland or the Kentucky Horse Park. We came across these horses playing in the lake while walking Bruce Beach with friends, just south of Kincardine.

I am looking forward to Thursday this week since we will go to Harriston and pick up the new RV! I'll post pictures. We have a trip planned the end of June to a campground near Niagara on the Lake. We will bike lots and visit the wineries (you can bike to many). In July we are thinking of taking the RV to Ottawa during the Canadian Women's Open.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Home is where you are.