Sunday, May 4, 2008

Home Sweet Homes


Yeehaw! Here we are home in Kincardine. It was a long trip from Elkhart Indiana but not worth breaking it up so we drove straight through. We got home around 5:30 pm on Saturday, April 25th. I can't believe the size of our house! I always thought we had a modest bungalow but now I think otherwise. Sometimes I can't even find John. ( Nice!) Our first meal in the kitchen was strange. He seemed miles away at the table but was only a few feet. I can't stop pumping my foot when trying to flush the toilet! Seriously, it is good to be home. Don't get me wrong, the snowbird life is great but coming home is sweet too. It has been cold however. I guess the warm weather was here before we got home but has left for a while. The hot tub was quickly filled and is used often. We have enjoyed touching base with friends and family again.




The pictures above were taken as we biked around town on May 4th. Lots of changes have taken place over the winter but the beauty of the Lake hasn't. You have to dress warmly to bike around here right now. We haven't been in shorts since we got home!
The RV lifestyle has really been fabulous. This was our first real experience being snowbirds and it is just the beginning. We met fantastic people and visited wonderful places. We did get a case of "2 foot-itis." We had been warned about this by other RV-ers. We didn't think it would happen to us but we were naive. The point is....when we got home we traded the Sundance for a bigger 5th wheel. Just a couple more feet in the living area makes a huge difference. Also, living in it for over 5 months made us realize we might want a few more comforts. At the Tampa RV show and in Indiana we toured units just a bit bigger than ours. We thought if the trade was right, if the price was right, we could do it. And we did. I will miss the Sundance and it will always have a special place in my heart but I am SO EXCITED about the new Cedar Creek (34SATS)! We pick it up at McPhails in Harriston (Ontario) on May 29th. So we will have a "new home" to travel and live in next winter.

When I told one my sisters she said we had "the best of both worlds" and I have to agree. Life is good!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Home is where you are.