Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sanlan Home

I can’t believe how happy I am to be here at Sanlan in Lakeland Florida. Quite a change from the meltdown I had when we arrived last year and I wasn't sure if I could make this my home for a few months. This time I couldn't wait to get set up and tour around to see what was new and who was here! It didn't take long to make the place liveable. We have spent the last few days shopping it seems. Trips to our favourite stores have been keeping us entertained and setting us up in this home for the next 4 months. I saw this clock last year and regretted not buying it so snapped it up when I saw another one. So helpful in this busy life! We have biked to Bartow, walked the trails, picked tangerines (that is where John is heading in this picture but you have to look closely to see them on the tree ahead of him),golfed and met with friends so I guess shopping is not all we have done.


Yes, the plam tree is up and lit every night and we actually have a real one right next to us too!


I will have to try to get a closer picture of this fat alligator; this picture doesn't do him justice. To tell you the truth he is so big that I was intimidated to get much closer. Last year a gator often lay in the same spot (a small lake near the Park entrance) in the heat of the sun but if this is the same one he must have eaten a lot over the summer! No pets or people I hope!

2 comments:

MH said...

I love your clock! Unfortunately us still stuck in the 9 to 5 rut know which day of the week it is all too well!. Dayna thinks it would be great for her for the summer though.

MH said...

Sorry for the double comment. I goofed.

About Me

My photo
Home is where you are.