Monday, March 14, 2011

San Clemente

Happy Birthday to me!
Wayne suggested the Mandarin Restaurant for brunch.  Turned out to be a great place to go on my birthday!  We had barely sat down and the champagne started flowing.  Apparently this is normal procedure for the Sunday Brunch.  Only in California!
What an excellent buffet too.  I ate with chop sticks.  The owner brought me a drink with a cherry that I thought tasted like a flower.  I think it may have been a type of fruit wine. 
 San Clemente is a beautiful town with interesting architecture.  It is a bit hilly, reminding of what I would imagine San Francisco might look like although I have never been there.  From Wayne’s apartment building where we are staying with Ken and Ann you can walk up town and also to the ocean in no time.  There was a market up town today with fresh produce and flowers and some other food items.  Wayne bought some flowers for us...tulips and daisies.  We wandered the local art gallery where Wayne showed us some of the pictures he has bought for the apartment that we are staying in.  It is such a comfortable place to stay with huge windows in the living room and a “canyon” behind with lots of trees and flora.  The birds of paradise are in bloom along with so many other flowers.  Love it!  

How about walking on the ocean?  Ken and Ann's train goes by regularly as well! 








1 comment:

Ken and Linda said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! Hope you had a great one!

About Me

My photo
Home is where you are.