Sunday, January 16, 2011

Nimbus

http://giantblueband.com

What a surprising and fun evening we had here.  Jackie and Nick introduced us to Nimbus, a great restaurant/brewery.  The food was excellent road house style, the brews delicious, the atmosphere kept my attention and produced a smile.  This venue is actually at the brewery but the cement floors and high ceilings did not seem cold.  It was neat to see the huge glass wall with the tanks of beer and all the shiny stuff.  We were not expecting a band and they turned out to be worth listening to and then dancing!  It was so spontaneous and joyful.  Check out their website if you want.

There was a "halo" that evening around anyone who got the urge to dance.  I am not sure what the monkey has to do with Nimbus but I do know that there was more than one monkey in the crowd.






I did not have the camera with me but took these with the I-pod touch.  I am loving this technological wonder and am now using it as a PDA (personal digital assistant) as opposed to PHA (personal human assistant) which is non existent.  We got it mainly for music and did download ALL our cd's from home and now can carry our music with us in this teeny device.  But it has so many other features and I figure I might as well use it and expand my brain as the second bird.  (2 birds, one stone)

3 comments:

Wally said...

Great blog. Interesting and poignant. The section about the old couple golfing at 49ner's brought a tear to my eye. We so enjoyed Nimbus with you and John. Nick has never danced with more enthusiasm. So many new adventures ahead. It's been wonderful sharing some of these experiences with you. We have many more to go before you leave.

Jackie

Wally said...

Wally did not actually say this! Jackie did but there was a bit of a complication posting her comment so I did it for her. Right-o!

Unknown said...

Great time we had a Nimbus. Thanks for posting the pictures

About Me

My photo
Home is where you are.