Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cathedral Rock






Cathedral Rock

This rock dominates the Sedona landscape. It was a spectacular sight from the air when we flew up to the Grand Canyon. The other day we went there to hike and the sign said it would be strenuous and 608 feet up. Not to be deterred we set off and before we knew it we were half way up. The red rock seems sticky, not slippery but it is dry. It is sandstone so it is not slippery at all. But I made the mistake of looking down. And then I became inert! John continued on and I just couldn’t get myself up any higher. I had the stamina but mentally I couldn’t get beyond the thoughts of a “hill” accident I had years ago! I felt like I could get up to the top but then how I would get down? So how did I climb Mt. Eldon? It was higher but I felt like I was on fairly flat paths compared to this. Who knows? There are many different kinds of climbs! John made it all the way but unfortunately he didn’t take the camera. He loved it and said the view was amazing.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Home is where you are.