Friday, October 15, 2010

Flastaff, Mt. Eldon Hike






Mt. Eldon is part of the San Francisco Peaks that we wake up to every morning from our campsite here in Flagstaff. It doesn't look as impressive as Mt. Humphrey until you start hiking on it. It is actually a very old and likely dead volcano. From a distance it looks like a heap of boulders with shrubs on it but when walking the trails it is somehow transformed. The trail itself reminds me of old Western Movies and I expected cowboys and/or Indians to appear from behind the next boulder. The views from here are beautiful. Okay, the views from everywhere are beautiful.

John thought I should get into this little cave for a photo. I may look relaxed in the picture but really it was a bit of a feat getting into this space!

We did the "Fatman's Loop" and that was vigorous enough! I think we will need to develop our high altitude legs and lungs before tackling some of the steeper trails.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Home is where you are.